Why Adopt through GPA/Nashville?
Dogs adopted through GPA/Nashville have had the following services:
- Dental cleaning*
- Heartworm testing
- CBC blood panel testing for anomalies such as tick-born illness
- Nail trimming
- Current rabies and DHPPL vaccinations
- 3-9 weeks of fostering in the homes of experienced foster families**
Each dog comes with:
- 6 months of heartworm preventative
- Microchip for identification
- Star ID tag with 1-800 number call service
- Martingale collar and leash
- Racing muzzle
- At least a week's worth of dog food
- Adoption packet containing valuable resources such as coupons and publications that will help you better understand your greyhound's unique needs while also assist you in helping your dog adjust to his new life as a pet
- Support of the largest greyhound adoption community in Nashville
*Senior dogs that have been returned may not have dental cleaning done if the vet determines anesthesia is risky for the hound.
**%98 of GPA/Nashville dogs have been learning home skills in foster care for 3 weeks or more. Our 15+ years of experience in greyhound adoption has demonstrated that the dogs are best served by moving to their permanent homes when they are ready. This ensures that they form strong emotional bonds with their adoptive families rather than with foster families. However, every dog is different. Those that need more time in foster care get it.
Some Recent Adoptions
Congratulations to Balto who was recently adopted by David & Charlene
Congratulations to Mango who was recently adopted by Pete & Judy
Congratulations to Windy who was recently adopted by Anna & John
Congratulations to Pete who was recently adopted by Kelly and her family