Why Adopt through GPA/Nashville?
Dogs adopted through GPA/Nashville have had the following services:
- Dental cleaning*
- Heartworm testing
- CBC blood panel testing for anomalies such as tick-born illness
- Nail trimming
- Current rabies and DHPPL vaccinations
- 3-9 weeks of fostering in the homes of experienced foster families**
Each dog comes with:
- 6 months of heartworm preventative
- Microchip for identification
- Star ID tag with 1-800 number call service
- Martingale collar and leash
- Racing muzzle
- At least a week's worth of dog food
- Adoption packet containing valuable resources such as coupons and publications that will help you better understand your greyhound's unique needs while also assist you in helping your dog adjust to his new life as a pet
- Support of the largest greyhound adoption community in Nashville
*Senior dogs that have been returned may not have dental cleaning done if the vet determines anesthesia is risky for the hound.
**%98 of GPA/Nashville dogs have been learning home skills in foster care for 3 weeks or more. Our 15+ years of experience in greyhound adoption has demonstrated that the dogs are best served by moving to their permanent homes when they are ready. This ensures that they form strong emotional bonds with their adoptive families rather than with foster families. However, every dog is different. Those that need more time in foster care get it.
Adopter's ExperiencesThe greyhound. Neither of us had ever heard of, nor physically seen the breed until we had the pleasure of visiting with a friend's 8 year old retired racer. A few hours later, we were bound and determined to have a grey of our own. The process of adoption was super simple, and everyone involved with GPA-Nashville was warm and inviting, and answered every question we had. Our home visit was quickly scheduled, and dogs were brought that were small dog safe, as we have 2 smaller dogs as well. It w more...
Heat can kill
Temperatures in the 80s and 90s are brutal for our thin-skinned greyhounds. It's worse if your dog has a chronic illness, is out of shape or 8 and older. more...
Some Recent Adoptions
Congratulations to Poker who was recently adopted by Bill & Christine
Congratulations to Kablewie who was recently adopted by Rachael
Congratulations to PJ who was recently adopted by Pat & Bill
Congratulations to Rita who was recently adopted by Caroline