Why Adopt through GPA/Nashville?
Dogs adopted through GPA/Nashville have had the following services:
- Dental cleaning*
- Heartworm testing
- CBC blood panel testing for anomalies such as tick-born illness
- Nail trimming
- Current rabies and DHPPL vaccinations
- 3-9 weeks of fostering in the homes of experienced foster families**
Each dog comes with:
- 6 months of heartworm preventative
- Microchip for identification
- Star ID tag with 1-800 number call service
- Martingale collar and leash
- Racing muzzle
- At least a week's worth of dog food
- Adoption packet containing valuable resources such as coupons and publications that will help you better understand your greyhound's unique needs while also assist you in helping your dog adjust to his new life as a pet
- Support of the largest greyhound adoption community in Nashville
*Senior dogs that have been returned may not have dental cleaning done if the vet determines anesthesia is risky for the hound.
**%98 of GPA/Nashville dogs have been learning home skills in foster care for 3 weeks or more. Our 15+ years of experience in greyhound adoption has demonstrated that the dogs are best served by moving to their permanent homes when they are ready. This ensures that they form strong emotional bonds with their adoptive families rather than with foster families. However, every dog is different. Those that need more time in foster care get it.
Adopter's ExperiencesWhen my husband and I decided to adopt through GPA Nashville, we had no previous experience with greyhounds. We had heard great things about the breed and found them all to be true... and more! GPA helped us through every step of the adoption process and were very patient with all our questions. During the home visit, the GPA volunteers helped educate us about breed-specific health and safety facts. We own a cat, and the rescue took extra care to pair us with a dog who had been cat tested and he more...
Some Recent Adoptions
Congratulations to Timmy who was recently adopted by John
Congratulations to Julie who was recently adopted by Hazel & Michael
Congratulations to Tyrone who was recently adopted by Drew & Mary Elizabeth
Congratulations to Sydney who was recently adopted by Christy and her family